Terms & Conditions
terms and conditions when booking
1) BOOKING CONFIRMATION – A booking is only confirmed by us when we have sent you a written confirmation of your booking (can also be by e-mail) and received your cleared Deposit. You are granted a licence to occupy Cressland Holiday Cottage during the Holiday Period for the purpose of a holiday. The Booking is not intended to create any relationship of landlord and tenant between us. The Hirer shall not pass his/her booking to another party. We
do not accept bookings from people under 18 years of age.
Please note that this is a self-catering holiday.
2) PAYMENT – Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of the required deposit payment of one third of the total holiday cost, plus a refundable £150 deposit, which will be reimbursed promptly after your holiday (less any penalties which may be incurred). If the booking is made within 8 weeks of the holiday commencement date, the full accommodation rental will be required at the time of booking. The balance of the hire will be due for payment 8 weeks before the holiday commencement date. We reserve the right to cancel a holiday where full payment has not been received less than 28 days before the holiday commencement date. The deposit paid on the booking is non-refundable.
Payment can be made either by cheque, payable to Louise Gibbons, or preferably by BACS. Please quote “Cressland/Your Name” as the reference. The account details are as follows:
Bank: First Direct
Name: Louise Gibbons
Sort Code: 40-47-59
3) PRICES – The price list published on our website is our current price list, inclusive of VAT. Prices include towels, soap, linen, heating, a welcome pack, barrel of logs and packet of firelighters. Cots and high chairs are available upon request at no extra cost. An extra charge only applies when extra bedding / towels / welcome pack are supplied.
4) CANCELLATION/CHANGES TO A BOOKING – Either of us may cancel a booking at least one month before the Arrival Date, in which case all monies will be returned to you. If you cancel a booking less than one month before the Arrival Date you will lose your Deposit and you may also lose the balance of your Holiday Price. The balance will only be repaid to the extent that we are able to re-let the Cottage during the Holiday Period. We may cancel your booking or cut your holiday short where you breach this agreement or because we have been affected by events beyond our reasonable control.
Please see the ‘Early Termination’ section for further details.
5) ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE – On receipt of balance payment, directions to the cottage will be sent out to you. The cottage will be ready from 4pm on the Arrival Date.
Please call tel: 01473 822815, or mobile tel: 07729011722 to confirm your arrival time. You must vacate the Cottage by 10.30 am on the Departure Date. Please place used towels, robes etc in the bath.
6) REGISTRATION – All guests must register all their names, addresses and email addresses with us as this is a legal and insurance requirement.
7) GROUPS – No more than the maximum number of persons, as stated in our written Booking Confirmation may occupy the Cottage. We may refuse to allow you to occupy the Cottage or require you to vacate the Cottage if group numbers exceed that maximum number and/or the number of guests which you told us would form your party. We reserve the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from groups or individuals which in our reasonable opinion are unsuitable for the Cottage.
8) BABIES/CHILDREN – Please note that owing to the steep stairs on the top floor the Witchfinder General Room and ensuite is not suitable for babies and small children, the elderly or disabled. There is also a stream running along the garden. Parents and guardians must ensure that their children are supervised by a responsible adult and are not left unattended.
9) OPEN FIRES – There is an open fire and log burner at Cressland. A barrel of logs is provided together with fire lighters and should you wish to purchase a further barrel this is £15 and will be delivered to you. Do not leave open fires unattended and place guard in front even for glowing embers before going to bed.
10) AMENITIES – Cressland is complete with wi-fi, TV/DVD, Hifi, ipod/ipad docking station, CD’s, Books, Games, maps, bedlinen, towels, soap, real & instant coffee, tea, sugar, salt, pepper, olive oil, matches, candles, firelighters, Barbecue.
11) SECURITY/YOU AND YOUR PROPERTY – You are responsible for ensuring the safety of yourself, children and vulnerable adults in your group. You are also responsible for ensuring that your property is not damaged or destroyed. Unless caused by our negligence, we are not responsible for any death, personal injury or damage to your property. Please note that Cressland is non-smoking and pets are not permitted. Due to the age and nature of the Cottage there are also low beams and the staircase up to the Witchfinder General Suite is very steep, so please take care.
12) DAMAGES – You should keep the Cottage and the furnishings, kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses, bedding and towels clean and in good condition. Any damages or breakages which may occur must be paid for. Accidental damages or breakages of a minor nature will not normally be charged. You will be notified in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable, if the damage is discovered after you depart. We also reserve the right to charge further sums if we are unable to re-let the room as a consequence of the damage. We will discuss with you the extra charges in respect of damage or cleaning before taking the funds from your deposit.
Should you find on arrival any damaged or non-working items, please report these to us immediately so the matter can be rectified. Please leave the Cottage clean and tidy on departure – If you leave Cressland in a mess you will incur a £40 cleaning charge.
You must not do anything that may reasonably be considered to cause a nuisance or annoyance to us or to any other occupier of neighbouring premises. We may require you and your group to vacate the Cottage if you are too rowdy.
13) EARLY TERMINATION – We may terminate your booking less than one month before the Arrival Date or during your Holiday Period by notice to you only if you are in material breach of these terms and conditions, or because we are affected by events beyond our reasonable control (such as, but without limitation, flood, fire, adverse weather conditions, act of God, war, terrorist threat, government action or some other catastrophic event of the type covered in a comprehensive insurance policy. In which case, if your holiday has begun, you will have to vacate the Cottage. In the situation that Cressland is not accessible from one of the nearby major roads due to flooding, snow or other adverse weather conditions the cost of the booking will be refunded to you. We cannot be held responsible if you are not able to reach the cottage because of your local adverse weather or travel problems. Please note that, we consider non-payment of fees when due, your being rowdy, smoking in the Cottage, exceeding group numbers, wilfully damaging the Cottage or allowing children to be unsupervised a material breach of these terms and conditions.
14) COMPLAINT PROCEDURE – If you are dissatisfied with the service you receive, we must be notified immediately, so that an investigation can be carried out and any necessary action taken. In no circumstances can compensation be made for any complaints that are made after the hire has ended, or where the Hirer has denied the Owners the opportunity to try to put matters right during the Hirer’s stay. The Owners cannot accept liability for happenings outside their reasonable control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, temporary invasion of pests, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions or the Owner’s negligence resulting in loss, injury or accident.
Ready to Book?
Use our booking calendar to find the ideal dates for your stay